SB 95 COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Leave is available through September 30, 2021.
SB 95 provides for COVID-19 supplemental paid sick leave for up to 2-weeks (not to exceed $511 per day and $5,110 in total) for employees who are unable to work or telework due to certain reasons related to COVID-19. Qualifying reasons for employees to use this paid sick leave include:
- the employee is subject to a COVID-19 quarantine/isolation period required by local, state or federal order or guideline (the longest minimum period will apply);
- the employee has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine due to concerns related to COVID-19;
- the employee is attending an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccination;
- the employee is experiencing symptoms related to a COVID-19 vaccine that prevent the employee from being able to work or telework;
- the employee is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and seeking a medical diagnosis;
- the employee is caring for a family member is subject to a quarantine/isolation order or guideline or who has been advised to self-quarantine;
- the employee is caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed or otherwise unavailable for reasons related to COVID-19 on the premises.
What you should know about the Coronavirus